How do I upload files to my site?
To share downloadable content with your visitors, use the File Widget to upload a file that your site visitors can download with the click of a button. Share flyers, ebooks, and other documents by having them available for download. Your site visitors can share your download links easily through other sources, such as email and social media.
Before offering content to download, make sure that you understand that your content could be spread without your knowledge. For documents that are sensitive or personal, think twice before sharing these documents via download. Only upload media or files that you have created or have permission to use; never violate copyright protections.
To upload files via the File Widget, follow these steps below:
- Click on Widgets from the left-hand menu within your Website Editor
- Click and drag the File Widget into your site
- The following file formats are supported: .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx, .zip, .ppt, .pptx, .psd, .txt, .xml, .mp3, .ttf, .otf, .woff, .eot, .svg, .odt, .ott, .js, .css, .png, .jpg, .gif, .jpeg, .rar
- The file size limit is 50MB.
To access the content editor of the File Widget:
- Right-click the widget, and click Edit Content
- Type text to appear on the button
- To add files, click +Files
- The Uploaded Files window appears. To add files, click Upload New File. You can add multiple files to upload simultaneously
- Drag your files or click Choose files to add files or folders. Files can also be downloaded from Dropbox, Google Drive, a link, or Gmail
- When the files have been selected, click Upload. You will be notified when the upload is complete
For more information or if you require any assistance, feel free to contact us at [email protected].