How do I connect my externally purchased Domain to my Tailor Brands Website?
Connecting your domain to your site so that it directs its visitors to your Tailor Website is really easy!
There is a two-way communication between your website and your domain. This means that you need to establish a "connection" from one to the other, and vice versa. To do so, you need to follow two sets of steps:
Connect Tailor Site to your Domain:
- Log in to your Tailor Brands account
- From your Tailor Studio, select the Websites tab on the left-hand menu
- Select Edit
- Click on Publish (or Republish, if you already did) on the top-right corner
- Then click on Change Site Address
- Select the option Use a domain you already own
- Enter your domain name with the "www", click Save
Now, there is a second part that needs to be done on your Domain Settings end (which you will see right after clicking Save):
Go to your Domain Settings under your Domain provider website and make these 2 changes in your Records:
- Add a CNAME record of Host "www" that points to "s.multiscreensite.com"
- Add an A record of Host "@" that points to "188.8.131.52"
- Add an A record of Host "@" that points to "184.108.40.206"
Upon adding these A records, please make sure to delete any other existing A records within your domain settings.
It takes 48 hours for DNS changes to take effect. If by this time you do not see your website live, feel free to contact us at [email protected].