How do I connect my externally purchased Domain to my Tailor Brands Website?
There is two-way communication between your website and your domain. This means that you need to establish a "connection" from one to the other, and vice versa. To do so, you need to follow two sets of steps:
*** Please note, if you have already finished the first step of connecting your external domain, you can go straight to Section B below (update your Domain Settings).
A. Connect your external domain through the My Sites section
To connect your external domain to your Tailor Brands website, through the My Sites section, follow these steps:
1 . Log In to your Tailor Brands account
2. From your Tailor Studio, select the Websites tab on the left-hand menu
3. You can either click on the Publish your site button within the Websites section, or click on Publish or Republish button inside the editor
4. Then click on Connect an external domain instead
5. Enter your domain name with the " www", and then click on Connect
6. Once you will click on the Connect button you will see this message:
7. After you will finish with the above steps, you will need to make the changes in your Domain Settings under your Domain provider website, as presented in Section B below.
B. Update your domain settings under your Domain provider website
After you have connected your external domain to your Tailor Brands website, through the My Sites section within your account, you will need to make some changes in your Domain Settings under your Domain provider website, for you to complete the connection of your external domain to your Tailor Brands website.
To do so, go to your Domain Settings (under your Domain provider website) and make the changes below in your Records:
- Add a CNAME record of Host "www" that points to "s.multiscreensite.com"
- Add an A record of Host "@" that points to "220.127.116.11"
- Add an A record of Host "@" that points to "18.104.22.168"
Upon adding these A records, please make sure to delete any other existing A records within your domain settings.
It takes 48 hours for DNS changes to take effect. If by this time you do not see your website live, feel free to contact us at [email protected]