If you are looking to connect a domain purchased via Tailor Brands to a different website, you do not need to transfer out the domain, pointing it to your website would do the trick.
You can find how to change your DNS here.
However, if you are looking to transfer your domain away from Tailor Brands to a new domain registrar, please note that under the existing global transfer policy, once a domain is purchased, it will be locked for 60 days. If you have purchased your domain within 60 days, you will be unable to transfer it.
If more than 60 days have passed, please follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Tailor Brands account
- From your Tailor Studio, select the Domain tab on the left-hand menu
- Click on Advanced Settings and log in
- Once logged in, click on your domain
- If you have Privacy feature for your domain, please click on Show personal data on WHOIS and confirm
- Scroll down and under Additional Settings change your Domain Lock to Off (select Edit and remove the block)
- After this, select Transfer domain away from Tailor Brands Domains
- Read the instructions provided there and click Continue with transfer
- After this has been done, click on Get Authorization Code (you will receive it to the email address you registered in the Domain Contact Information)
These are the steps needed to perform on your Tailor Domain Settings to transfer out your domain.
There is a second step of instructions that should be provided by your new domain service provider.
Make sure you cancel auto-renewals for your domain to avoid associated charges.
In order to cancel the auto-renewal, follow these steps here.
For further information or to speak with one of our Support Agents, simply click on the link here and submit your message via the green Help button on the bottom right-hand corner.