There are a few rules of thumb for creating a good domain name for your business:
- Keep it short and easy to remember
- Make sure it is connected to your business. For example, if you sell candles, try to have the word 'candles' in your name, or the closest thing to your business name (if not your business name itself)
- Avoid obscure characters like hyphens or other characters
- Avoid using numbers
- Try to get a '.com' extension, as it is the most popular extension available. If that’s not available for the name you want, try to use an extension that most people will recognize, like '.net,' '.org,' or '.info'
- Ask others if it sounds easy and representative of your company
- Have fun with it - Once you purchase your domain name, you own that name! Make sure that you feel connected to the domain name and that it fits your needs
For further information or to speak with one of our Support Agents, simply click on the link here and submit your message via the green Help button on the bottom right-hand corner.